Conference & Banqueting Manager
Posted on May 14, 2019 by SmartList
With their second to none conference and banqueting facilities, the hotel are now looking for a Conference & Banqueting Manager to join their team.
As Conference & Banqueting Assistant, you will report to the Operations Manager and ensure there is a high standard of efficiency in assisting and running the conference and banqueting service whilst always aiming for an increase in standards, profitability and staff development.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• To be friendly, knowledgeable and assertive with both guests and colleagues.
• Being responsible for all monies, credit vouchers and bills etc, handled by the department.
• Working closely with the banqueting porters to ensure that all functions are prepared and ready for the appropriate time and that guest's needs are anticipated and action is taken.
• To work with the Head Chef, Restaurant and Bars Managers to ensure that menus, service and facilities offered to guests are of wide choice and high standards.
• Ensuring that the department is running smoothly, being prepared and able to assist in any area of the department that requires support.
• To have a thorough knowledge of services and facilities available in the department and be able to make suggestions to guests.
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Operations Manager, for your own development.
• To be aware of, and comply with, statutory and company requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention and licensing.
• To also be accountable for security in the department.
The ideal Conference & Banqueting Manager will have had at least 1 years experience in a similar role before, with previous management experience.
This role will include working evenings and weekends and due to the location of the hotel, you will need have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle to travel to/from work.
If successful, you will receive up to 25 days holiday, (depending on years of service) receive complimentary golf, pension scheme and discounts on sister hotels.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Apsley near Hemel Hempstead
JOB TITLE: Conference & Banqueting Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS: £20,000 per year