Conference & Banqueting Assistant
Posted on May 14, 2019 by SmartList
With their second to none conference and banqueting facilities, the hotel are now looking for a Conference & Banqueting Assistant to join their team.
As Conference & Banqueting Assistant, you will report to the Operations Manager and ensure there is a high standard of efficiency in assisting and running the conference and banqueting service whilst always aiming for an increase in standards, profitability and staff development.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
• To be friendly, knowledgeable and assertive with both guests and colleagues
• Working closely with the banqueting porters to ensure that all functions are prepared for and are ready for the appropriate time and ensuring that guest's needs are anticipated and action is taken
• Working with the Head Chef, Restaurant and Bars Managers to ensure that menus, service and facilities offered to guests are of wide choice and high standards.
• To ensure that the department is running smoothly, prepared and able to assist in any area of the department that requires support.
• To be responsible, whilst liaising with the Operations Manager, for your own development.
• To be aware of, and comply with, statutory and company requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention and licensing
• Setting up rooms for events
• Assisting with serving food/beverages
• Managing the running of events
• Clearing tables
• General cleaning duties
The ideal Conference & Banqueting Assistant will have had at least 1 years experience in a similar role before, or have at least 1-2 years of Front of House experience in the industry.
This is a casual role which includes evenings and weekends. Due to the location of the hotel, you will need have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle to travel to/from work.
If successful, you will receive up to 25 days holiday, (depending on years of service) receive complimentary golf, pension scheme and discounts on sister hotels.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Apsley, near Hemel Hempstead
JOB TITLE: Conference & Banqueting Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: £6.50 - £8.21 per hour
WORKING HOURS: Casual Hours