Direct Care Staff - Brain Injury Services
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Advocates
Direct Care Staff encourage and support individuals to lead fulfilling and more independent lifestyles, focusing on empowerment, awareness and inclusion by collaborating with an increasing awareness within families and the community. In this role, you will partner with brain injury survivors to assistance with daily activities such as, household management, shopping and community-based appointments.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED Shift First Shift, Second Shift Responsibilities
- Assist residents with all Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including showering, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, feeding, taking medications, and Range of Motion (ROM) exercises, both in the home and in the community. Assist with weighing program participants, take vital signs, gathers and records other data as requested.
- Focusing on empowerment, collaborate with residents to develop treatment and behavior plans, and goal building and achievement.
- Teach and model appropriate social and independent living skills. Encourage individuals to perform tasks as independently as possible and to participate in activities.
- Actively participate in resident, family, team and staff meetings.
- Accurately document progress and shift notes, changes to treatment and behavior plans, etc. Recognize and appropriately respond to changes in residents' status or behavior.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree. One year experience providing direct care with people who have cognitive or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, open-mindedness, creativity, and the desire to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sound judgement.
- Ability to operate basic computer applications.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients. May also drive company-owned wheelchair lift-equipped van.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: CNA, certified nursing assistant, caregiver, caretaker, brain injury, BIS, ABI, TBI, ADLs