FPGA Design - Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Title: FPGA Design - Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SIS-30520
Job Location: Rochester, NY
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems has an opening for a Sr. FPGA Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Rochester, New York. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
The FPGA Engineer will perform the following:
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
- Understand the requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Lead a small team of designers in generating the FPGA design solutions.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
- Bachelors' Degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Altera Tool Suites (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis).
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Job Category: Engineering
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019