PHYSICAL THERAPIST- FT- MercyOne South
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY SOUTH PHYSICAL THERAPY
Provides patient care using physical agents and therapeutic exercise in accordance with the Iowa Physical Therapy Practice Act. Work is performed with considerable independence within policy and program guidelines. Supervises physical therapist assistants and rehab support staff in patient care and non-patient care duties according to licensure law. Provides on-going physical therapy to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and their families based on assignment.
- Based on assignment: Performs evaluations and treatments (including the application of topical medications used in treatment modalities and/or burn/wound care) to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in a variety of settings. Completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy.
- Appropriately establishes and reviews: plan of care; goals and priorities with team (including patient/family); treatment in response to changing patient needs; educational needs of patient/caregivers; discharge plan/follow-up care needs
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional and social status.
- Advocates for the profession through memberships, affiliations, continuing education, community service and legislative support .
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AS REQUIRED:
- Certificate, Bachelor's or Master's degree in physical therapy
- Licensed in Iowa
- Previous work experience not required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center