Brand Manager - Hospitality
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position oversees the development and management/execution of marketing programs for Keystone Hospitality including Property Management, individually flagged hotels, conference sales & services, wedding, Hospitality F&B, spa, golf and tennis. Position will work closely with revenue, group sales and property leadership teams to deliver business objectives and will work with the ski resort to meet budgeted revenue, group sales, F&B and occupancy goals. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded marketing background, including online, offline, and creative marketing, and preferably a knowledge of the Keystone lodging landscape.
- Interacts effectively with a variety of different types of stakeholders to develop plans, secure buy-in, launch programs and initiatives and keep stakeholders informed.
- Pursues work with insatiable energy and drive, with a nimbleness and ability to react to changing conditions and alter plans effectively while being self motivated and able to work independently.
- Primary point of contact to agency partners in the development of overarching Keystone brand initiatives.
- Create / oversee creation of marketing creative, including collateral, print and online advertising, photography, and content in accordance with both ski resort brand guidelines and lodging brand(s) creative guidelines.
- Administrate website with regular auditing of content with frequent updates of web specials, photography and verbiage maximizing SEM/SEO.
- Work as part of the ski resort marketing team, as well as regional and corporate sales offices, marketing, revenue management, reservations, and front office team members to determine and develop effective marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Management of social media with relevant information and photos regarding events, mountain information & packages.
- Work with revenue team to ensure third party Online Travel Agency websites have correct content, images and explore marketing opportunities.
- Jointly develop plans and opportunities with ski resort marketing dept. to leverage branding and business opportunities.
- Must be able to gather assets from multiple internal and external clients and ensure that all necessary communication and functions are in place for each program or initiative.
Manage the growth and development of the Hospitality Specialist
- Develop and maintain relationships with creative, brand and media planning agencies to maximize advertising spends.
- Recommend marketing budgets and media plan to management.
- Four-year college degree required. Emphasis in marketing, business and/or communications preferred.
- Seven years of marketing work experience. Hospitality experience preferred.
- Three years previous supervisory experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and simple html
- Excellent English language and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- High degree of organization, attention to details and level of professional conduct. Self-starter, ambitious and multi-tasker.
- Media buying experience preferred; creative design experience preferred
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 163940