Overnight Front Desk Agent, Grand Summit Hotel - FT & PT - Year Round
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Looking for a position with unbeatable work-life balance? Apply here for our Overnight Front Desk Agent position, where you can work nights and keep your days wide open to enjoy all that Park City has to offer! Join our amazing team at the newly renovated Grand Summit Hotel, a Rock Resort property, at the heart of Canyons Village in Park City. We're seeking a Part-Time Year-Round employee who is interested in growth opportunities, as this position may become Full-Time Year-Round based on business volume. Enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself & your dependents (includes full access to mountain activities in the summer, and serves as your ski pass in the winter), hotel, restaurant, and retail discounts, free leadership & career development classes, and so much more!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Check-in guests at the front desk, confirming and entering appropriate information by asking for an ID and credit card.
- Check guests out, and ensure billing is correct; Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at the end of each shift.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems.
- Relay guest maintenance requests through Maintenance Connection and follow up with guest after 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping department and follow up with the guest after 20 minutes.
- Be knowledgeable about Owners and Owner Services program such as RCI and Space A reservations.
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel, resort and Park City area.
- Handle emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Be knowledgeable about the Grand Summit, Silverado, Sundial, and Double Tree hotel amenities and lay-out.
- Assist in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Front Desk, PBX, and reception area.
- Assist Bell and Valet when appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school plus diploma - required.
- At least one year of relevant clerical experience - required.
- Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience - preferred.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills - required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time - required.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people - required.
- Able to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and other company personnel - required.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the company's lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well as general information about the area - required.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that's as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 167340