Hospitality Maintenance Team Lead - Year Round - Park City Resort
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
In this leadership role, the Hospitality Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for supporting the Maintenance Manager as well as leading the day to day work of the Maintenance Team. Join the team, and enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself & your dependents, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401-k, Free leadership classes, career development opportunities, Hotel, Restaurant, and Retail/Rental discounts, and more!
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day work direction and leadership to direct reports and team members, coordinating with managers and other department teams as required.
- Aligns individual performance expectations with organizational goals.
- Partners with department manager to develop performance goals collaboratively with direct reports, ensuring they are clearly communicated and current.
- Provides fair, constructive, and timely feedback towards performance expectations and goals.
- Partners with department manager to conduct performance evaluations according to established systems and policies.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and coaching support as needed.
- Effectively plans, coordinates, and delivers staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Partners with department manager to prepare and communicate employee schedules in a fair and efficient manner, including time off requests.
- Trains and onboards new staff as required.
- Effectively communicates with staff, guests, and other departments in a professional manner, holding direct reports and team members to the same expectation.
- Maintains and models clean and professional appearance, is well groomed and in full uniform daily.
- Is committed to providing an "Experience of a Lifetime" for our employees and guests.
- Uses available technology to complete tasks as directed.
- Fills in for Manager when required.
- Fills in for frontline staff as needed.
- All other duties as required/assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge in four of the following skill sets: Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, HVAC, Grounds Maintenance or Snow Removal.
- At least 2 years diagnostic and repair experience necessary.
- Ability to lead and develop others on their team.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn additional technology as required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including varied hours, weekends, holidays, and on-call hours.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift 60 lbs. repeatedly.
- Exposure to high noise levels with certain machinery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English - verbal and written.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Skiing or snowboarding proficiency required.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you're joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America's largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that's as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 167260