Nurse Practitioner Clinical Services Manager Long Term Care 5000 Sign
Posted on May 14, 2019 by UnitedHealth Group
Exciting clinical management and leadership position with potential to grow. The Clinical Services Manager leads a team of nurse practitioners and RNs who deliver cutting edge care in our innovative clinical model. Optum, is a national leader in developing and implementing care models that serve the frail and chronically ill population in both the nursing home and community settings. This position plays a critical role in determining the successful implementation of our clinical model and provides opportunity to demonstrate excellent management skills.
- Manager is responsible for NPs and RNs and skilled nursing facilities
- Manager must travel to facilities in area and therefore must have reliable transportation
- Must attend meetings on a monthly basis, and as needed
- Must be able to function independently; good decision making skills
- Able to develop excellent professional relationships; good communication skills
- Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical record, and utilizing electronic data and reports
- Positions in this function require license and certification as Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Provides primary case management of chronic and acute conditions
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors
- Impact of work is most often at the local level
- Current, unrestricted NP license the State where this position is located or ability to obtain
- Certification as a GNP, ANP, ACNP or FNP or ability to obtain
- 5+ years of Nurse Practitioner experience plus 2 years of management or leadership experience preferred
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Prior management / supervisory experience
- Prior long term NP experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong business acumen including analysis and business planning experience
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining internal and external client relationships with healthcare professionals, (DONs, administrators, MDs, RNs, etc)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Pennsylvania, PA