Financial Counselor, Sr. - BocaCare Inc
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Assures timely, accurate, and consistent information in the Registration and Patient Accounting System. Acts as a liaison between the Revenue Cycle and the physician offices.
POSITION EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have knowledge of Windows programs.
- Knowledge or the ability to learn the patient accounting systems.
- Have basic mathematical skills.
- Reconcile and collect on special arrangement accounts.
- Move charges and adjust accounts related to erroneous charges.
- Perform system updates and maintenance functions.
- Participate in auditing and analysis of computer data.
- Assure data integrity; interacting with the Medical Records and Revenue Cycle as needed.
- Work assorted reports to ensure integrity of registrations.
- Create and maintain reports as needed for the Revenue Cycle
- Build and retain ownership of rules for QA software.
- Utilize community resources to assist patient in long term planning.
- Recognize the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accept strengths and limitations in others.
- Exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior
- Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
- Work with Manager on price quoting and follow up on these accounts to ensure appropriate payment collected.
- Work with patients on billing inquiries and payments.
- Complete assignments with promptness and accuracy.
- Meet deadlines for all tasks assigned.
- Prioritize work assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Be an active contributor in all customer service initiatives.
- Be proactive in providing hospitality to all patients, families, visitors, employees and physicians.
- Expected to serve as an ambassador for BocaCare.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum five years of related experience and/or training
*Selected candidate will be employed by BocaCare, Inc Physician Network, an affiliate of Boca Raton Regional Hospital*
Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
The person in this location will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at