Posted on May 14, 2019 by Management & Training Corporation
Reports to the food services supervisor. Responsible for assisting in preparing and serving food in the cafeteria and accomplishing clean‑up functions in accordance with government and management directives.
- Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts and other foods.
- Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers and condiments.
- Make coffee, tea and other beverages.
- Set up cafeteria lines and serve meals on the line.
- Assist in the storage and inventory of supplies; transfer food ingredients from storage area to cooking area.
- Clean food service area, tables and kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assist in washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
- Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
- Promote career preparation, career development and career transition with students on a daily basis and help them with setting career goals.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.