Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - Respiratory Therapy 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus - 34023 - Warren,MI
6:30am to 7pm
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- May act as a preceptor to students, new employees and other hospital personnel. Participates in PI activities to evaluate and improve the quality and care provided by the respiratory department and other related services.
- May conduct prescribed invasive and non-invasive diagnostic studies including capnography, pulse oximetry, pulmonary function screening, EKG's and other diagnostic testing as required.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary department team to discuss, does patient rounds and discuss patients' improvements. Participates in discharge planning function. Communicates with medical staff and nursing regarding the outcome and indicated changes in therapy.
- Provides initial assistance for those needing emergency intervention.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered with the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) required.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Associate's Degree required
- One year of respiratory care clinical experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)