Posted on May 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Vascular Technologist, Riverside Ultrasound
Full Time Nights: Monday through Thursday (9pm-6:30am)
Join our family of highly skilled Vascular Technologists at Ascension St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside!
Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. Consumer Reports named it one of the top five performers in knee replacements in the U.S. In 2015, Healthgrades called the hospital one of America's 100 best for spinal surgery. Riverside was the first in Duval County to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the hospital has partnered with Mayo Clinic to bring its expertise in cancer care to Riverside. In addition, Riverside has repeatedly earned 'A' patient safety scores from The Leapfrog Group.
What you will do:
As an Vascular Technologist, you will perform diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
What you will need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate's Degree
- RVT/OB/GYN/General Sonography
Why join Ascension?
Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)