Lead Preceptor RN - Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Lead-Preceptor - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Monday-Friday. No Holidays. Will work two 12hr shifts in staffing/week, one 12hr shift out of staffing and one 4 hour shift out of staffing.
Unit Description: 22 bed Intensive Care Unit caring for ARDS, sepsis, pneumonia and GI bleed DKA, Post TPA Stroke patients, Drug Overdose, ESRD with CVVHD and other non-surgical critically ill patients. The MICU is a strong multidisciplinary team of medical professionals providing exceptional intensive care to our most ill patients.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Performs all responsibilities and competencies of a RN.
- Provides educational opportunities and support for current and new associates to ensure transfer of learning related to competencies, unit educational needs, new procedures or changes in practice, new equipment and processes. Provides the unit manager with assistance in executing and monitoring adherence to new expectations and initiatives.
- Recognizes unit's culture and diversity and assists new associates with the transition to unit routines and the socialization processes.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- or enrolled in a BSN program and completed within 2 years required
- 1 year of clinical RN experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)