Presales Architect, Data Integration, ETL
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Hi-Calibre International
Position: Presales Architect, Data Integration, ETL
Location: New York or New Jersey
Salary: Negotiable + bonus & benefits
An exciting opportunity to help support the US markets covering New York and its surrounding Regions for a Data Integration Solution expanding Global Organisation. This is a Greenfield opportunity for the US as a Start-up in the US and to support a new logo Customer Base with the Regional Sales VP for innovative Data solutions. As a Technical expert you will be given training on the software products and solutions available and be responsible for quickly learning the technical features and benefits for the customer needs. You will support the business by carrying out a technical investigation on data needs and possible audit with discovery/workshops for customers & helping to enable Data Integration Partners. As an up-and-coming Solution Architect, you will also be looking to make your career jump to cover Pre-Sales activities in order to support innovation or be keen to move into a strong technical & commercial Pre and Post Sales role to work with the other HQ Sales Engineers & Partners to technically support and enable them etc.
- Provide insight into the changing needs of Data operations and database, ETL, integration & utilisation requirements for the companies and offer suggestions for MDM integration. This could involve Informatica or migration solutions & open source technologies; Hadoop, NoSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle ODI, SQL Server, ETL/EAI etc.
- Analyse database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply.
- Help create data presentations for each project need and work with VP Sales and team to create new ideas and models for new innovative solutions using various Tools like Talend, Informatica, Salesforce integration, APIs, Commerce Cloud, SAS Analytics, Tibco Spotfire, SAP BI, Axway, MS Power BI, Apigee, Oracle Hyperion, SmartBear, Snaplogic, Mulesoft, Celigo, DBSync, Adaptris, Dell Boomi, Bizagi, Axon Iv, Kong etc.
- Help develop database design and architecture for data integration & management and Data analytics for BI reporting for customer needs.
- Design and work with the Platform Architects to ensure that the data architecture is resilient, secure and flexible to meet ongoing demands for data management and maintain the integrity and security of the Customers databases onto a Single Platform with or without Partners for Cloud Transformation etc.
Ideal Profile - it is a wish list only:
Demonstrable experience of involvement in data models, database design, data analytics and data reporting.
- Proven experience in providing ETL services, or Data Solutions & Projects from Legacy to Cloud etc.
- Excellent architectural experience in a Real Time commercial environment for Retail or eTail, AI or financial institutions, Telco or other domains or Cloud Services for larger Enterprises managed service provider.
- Proven experience of architecture & design developing use case or PoC and/or implementation support.
- Experience of 2 or more of the following technologies:
ETL, Data Integration, Oracle DBMS, Oracle Exalytics, ODI, MongoDB, NoSQL, Sybase IQ, Linux/UNIX, Windows,
Opensource technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark.
Experience with Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR etc. or similar.
- Working knowledge of Java or Eclipse in E-commerce etc. would be useful.
- Any experience with Microservices or Containerisation etc. Possible. in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud based infrastructures (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, RDS).
- Expertise of data integration solutions ie ETL/EAI, Talend, Informatica, Qlik, Tibco, Cloud Commerce etc.
- You will be excellent with multiple databases including Postgre SQL ect. with some API exposure.
- Enthusiastic and proactive team player who is keen to contribute to ideas and listen in a collaborative manner and help make a difference.
- MSc or Degree in Computer Science or Data Technology subject or equivalent experience.
This is a really exciting challenge for tomorrow's technology working for this International Start up, with an excellent work hard and play hard collaborated working, fun environment.