Posted on May 14, 2019 by Software Specialists
Job title: Staff Accountant
Location: Boston, MA 02116
Duration: 6 months Contract to Hire
- To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate cash and grant accounting and reporting.
- The staff accountant will contribute to the daily accounting functions, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and other accounting and regulatory tasks as assigned.
- Internal working relationships:
- Supervised by Controller
- Partner with all department Cost Center Managers
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily, monthly, and annual close processes for general ledger accounts and prepare necessary journal entries.
- Complete all daily and monthly bank reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of assets, liabilities, funds, revenues and expenses.
- coordinating email traffic for a shared inbox
- booking journal entries
- reconciling accounts
- conducting variance analysis
- assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
Additional Responsibilities: accepting and recording cash/checks deposited by various departments, receive cash/check deposits, other tasks as assigned
$50k - $90k Annual
$51.2k - $65.3k Annual
$36.3k - $46.3k Annual