Senior Product Manager, Vertical Experiences
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
At Employer, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our websites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, other internal partners, and often fellow product managers to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impacts tens of millions of consumers.
As Senior Product Manager for one of our core verticals, you'll work directly with the leadership team of a rapidly growing business to build a best in class customer experience. This role represents an opportunity to curate all aspects of the customer's experience throughout Employer, whether they're installing new wood flooring, upgrading their kitchen's lighting, or finding just the right bathroom vanity for an addition to their home. From discovery to delivery, you'll work cross-functionally to make Employer the best place to upgrade your home, on and offline.
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible space where you have the opportunity to drive significant impact to Employer's growth. You are able to build and execute an aggressive long-term roadmap and work with a scrum team to obtain rapid learnings while partnering with your vertical leadership team to ensure seamless execution. You are customer and data-obsessed, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
You must have demonstrated success in inspiring and leading a cross-functional team in rapidly delivering value to your customers. You practice radical candor - you care personally, and challenge directly. You aim high, calibrate constantly, and know when to double down or fold in pursuit of something even greater.
How you'll drive success:
- Be data-obsessed. Identify, refine, and meticulously monitor your KPIs to understand the health of your product, and opportunities for improvement.
- Be an innovator. Incubate and test new ideas to drive success for your vertical.
- Be the voice of the customer. Drive forward our understanding of customer behavior and become the expert around how different pieces of the puzzle throughout the experience fit together.
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with creative, engineering, and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are a must; experience with agile methodologies strongly preferred.
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct.
You're who we're looking for if you have:
- 5+ years experience in product management with a track record of building high-impact, consumer-facing products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds).
About Employer, Inc.
Employer believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Employer makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Employer is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Employer family of sites includes:
- Employer, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.