Product Manager, B2C Sales
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Employer's Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the B2C team, focused on our phone, chat, and outbound sales agents. We're entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Employer's transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Employer a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Employer's pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
What You'll Do
- Support Employer B2C sales teams and key stakeholders around the world with best in class tools wedded to the right use cases. You'll identify and drive these initiatives
- Constantly learn and adjust, by regularly shadowing agents and sales managers, and travelling quarterly to sales offices in the US
- Collaborate with leaders in operations, data science, BI, UX and other departments to identify, measure, and expand opportunities/
- Use data to understand scope, impact, and priority, and help the team transform that knowledge into new features and enhancements
- Proactively find new ways to unlock value and change how we do business
- Focus and Effectiveness: Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modelling, problem solving and communicating recommendations.
- Success with "managing across" and "managing up," building cases for initiatives, resources, and priorities among partners, stakeholders, and other teams, despite ambiguity and competing priorities
- Experience: 2+ years of direct involvement in building software, including prioritization, scoping, user interface design, and user research. Proven track record driving results within an Agile delivery model
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, business, supply chain/operations, or technical discipline
- Bonus: Experience building or optimizing tools used by human agents in time constrained, and outcome focused environments such as call or chat centers, virtual agents, or sales teams
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.