Director of Product Management, Asia Consolidation Systems
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Employer is seeking an experience Product executive to play a key role in the transformation of Employer's Supply Chain by leading Asia Supply Chain Systems. The Asia Supply Chain team will lead the execution of our vertical integration into global sources of supply, developing country-specific logistics footprints for cross-vendor consolidation. Starting in China, the integration will expand to Malaysia, Vietnam and India, serving our destination markets in US, Canada, the UK, and the rest of Europe.
The role is based in Boston, with frequent travel throughout Asia and globally. The position will report to the Director of International Supply Chain.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not are limited to efforts to:
- Define vision and strategy for Employer's Asian operations; lead a team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization; develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Build systems for Employer's logistics presence in Asia across multiple countries primarily China, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India
- Work closely with destination teams to build inbound logistics system integrations to enable an efficient inbound supply chain; serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Advise business leaders throughout our operations teams on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Drive all execution decisions required to determine need for and footprint of warehousing and cross-docking across all applicable countries
- Help to identify, select and drive integrations with any third-party firms required in support of global consolidation capabilities (with focus on export from Asia to US, Canada, UK, and Germany)
- Lead scale-up from a start-up stage in 2018 to a full-scale delivery function in 18-36 months
- Develop and execute hiring and resourcing plan needed to appropriately create and manage an asset-based network, where applicable, from 2019 onwards
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Recruit and build a team of product managers and associates; contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
- An undergraduate degree from a top tier college or university in a scientific, mathematical, or technical concentration or an MBA or other similarly advanced degree from a top tier school that demonstrates the desire and motivation for continued learning in a competitive environment
- 5+ years product management experience working with supply chain or network optimization systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 7+ years' experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Subject matter familiarity of supply chain analytics and network optimization strongly preferred
- Subject matter familiarity in machine learning, statistical optimization and AI also strongly preferred
- Direct experience in a startup situation building a new company, business unit, geography, and a demonstrated track record of taking ownership of areas of responsibility by defining and pursuing measurable business goals and outcomes
- A bias for action and a "get it done" attitude; understands that the perfect is the enemy of the good
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences that solve real user problems
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment; can manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Passion for driving change, the initiative to work in ambiguity, and the willingness to take risks that has led to meaningfully impactful results
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.