Product Manager, Sets & Multiples
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
As Product Manager of Sets & Multiples within the 'Complete' team, you'll focus on delivering a best in class experience for customers shopping for sets of products. Whether it's discovering and configuring the perfect living room/bedroom set for his/her home, picking the right set of barstools for his/her kitchen, or building out his/her dream dinnerware set, you'll ensure that the customer is able to easily and enjoyable shop an amazing selection of sets, has the flexibility to create exactly the right set for him/her, and fully understands exactly what his/she's getting for the price of his/her set. From discovery to delivery, you'll work cross-functionally to make Employer the best store for shopping sets, on and offline.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you're doing it right, you're having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers, QA and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you'll drive success:
- Product Manager's at Employer are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Employer's additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
You're who we're looking for if you have:
- At least 3-5 years experience in E-commerce or B2C product management
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds).
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.