Associate Director of Product Management, Compare & Select
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Associate Director of Product Management, Compare & Select Employer is looking for a senior product leader who is passionate about creating amazing consumer products at scale and building high-performing teams from the ground up. Reporting to the Director of Best in Class experiences, you will share responsibility for one of Employer's most important strategic priorities: to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience for millions of products across hundreds of product categories, for all of our brands and geographies.
Specifically, the Compare & Select team will build experiences across the funnel that help our customers quickly and confidently select the right products for their home and lifestyle.
This includes managing the strategy and execution of:
- Product Compatibility - Many factors influence whether a product will fit into a customer's home, including its size & shape, technical specifications, and overall design. How do you help customers sift through the space of available products and identify what works for them?
- Product Comparison - Once a customer has identified a candidate product, they want to compare it to similar products along axes that are important to them. How do you concisely lay out the options so they can quickly and confidently make a final selection?
- Vertical solutions - Our category managers have ambitious plans to grow their respective businesses. How can you create customized digital aisles to maximize their impact?
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for a group of product development teams, including product compatibility, product comparisons, and vertical solutions across our entire retail brand and geographic footprint.
- Partner closely with senior leaders in Site Merchandising, Category Management, Data Science, and other product development teams to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, communication and execution.
- Build a product team from the ground up. You'll inherit a team of one product manager (and scrum team) and hire more, ensuring the team has a high degree of excellence, psychological safety, and bias to action.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define.
- 7+ years' experience in customer-focused, analytically-rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience. Preference for candidates with experience in E-commerce, though this is not required.
- 3+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.