Associate Director of Product Management, B2B Project Tools
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Associate Director of Product Management, B2B Project Tools Employer believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Employer, our Product team ensures that we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We're tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we're a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Associate Director leading the B2B Project Tools team, you'll partner with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver project management tools that support our largest business customers -- a rapidly growing segment and strategic focus for Employer that accounts for over $1B of our total revenue.
The Project Tools team focuses on functionality that helps businesses plan, organize, and execute large projects -- whether that's for their own business or for clients of their own, such as interior designers working with an office manager. The team's goal is to make it easier for businesses to execute complicated projects with ease, using a combination of software tools, processes, and where appropriate, expert sales + service consultants.
As the CEO of the B2B Project Tools experience, you'll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer's needs, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. All while having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace.
What You'll Do
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Using Agile methodologies, you'll develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Employer's additional lifestyle brands
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required
- 7+ years experience in product management
- Track record of building high-impact products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Bachelors degree with strong academic record
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.