Senior Product Manager - Warehouse Inventory Management
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Fulfillment technology is fundamental in creating an online purchase experience that delights our customers with rapid home delivery. Come be a part of creating cutting edge operational technology for our customers. If you're passionate in creating scalable warehouse fulfillment systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Operations Product Innovation team and help lead our Warehousing & CastleGate Inventory Management team.
CastleGate Fulfillment was created to dramatically improve consumers' shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Employer. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. This is a distinct competitive advantage for Employer and one that will be the main driver to our future growth and success. The backbone of this program's success is directly tied to offering best-in-class inventory management, inventory transparency, and ERP integrations, differentiating CastleGate from other third-party logistics companies, and helping our CastleGate customers use this information to make great business decisions.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver the operational software that enables CastleGate to corner the market on inventory management. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, you will also help craft the long-term vision for warehouse inventory management products and help scale important fulfillment customer-facing programs driven by our inventory products. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate project-related trade-offs across zones. As the CEO of your product(s), you'll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you're doing it right, you're having a ton of fun and learning every day.
What you will do:
- Build an understanding of the complex operational and logistical processes throughout CastleGate Fulfillment, and translate them into clear and concise inventory management tools for internal stakeholders and systems to increase accuracy, adoption, and adherence of services relying on inventory data.
- Maintain a team culture that embraces empathy for CastleGate Fulfillment associates and internal stakeholders, creates a strong tolerance for smart risk-taking, and is incredibly fun to be a part of
- Translate our product vision/strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Manage a small group of Product Managers to ensure a collective vision, and execute the initiatives that make it come to life.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational systems, including 3+ years of successfully managing and developing highly effective teams.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics, with a keen ability to negotiate difficult conversations with high level stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience using data to develop baseline metrics for success for product releases
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment, with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with proven ability to get things done
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of "scrappy startup execution" and 'get it done' attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Subject matter familiarity of warehousing, forecasting, or network forward-positioning a plus, but not required
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outing
About Employer Inc.
Employer believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Employer makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Employer is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Employer family of sites includes:
- Employer, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.