Director of Product Management, Recommendations
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
Employer is looking for a senior product leader to build an industry-leading recommendations and personalization platform that optimizes all touchpoints in the customer experience, both on and off-site, using the wealth of data we have about our customers and product catalog.
The Director of Product Management for Recommendations & Personalization will lead the team that determines how to serve the right content at the right time to every customer through any channel or on-site placement. You will also build the technical platform that makes it fast and easy to design, launch, measure, and iterate on machine learning and personalization algorithms. Your work will touch every one of Employer's active customers across all our sites, apps, and marketing channels, ultimately creating an amazing shopping experiences where customers can find exactly the right products and services they're looking for.
You will lead a growing team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for recommendations. You will own the overarching vision for sorts and personalization, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Data Science and Engineering teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including data science, engineering, pricing and profitability, promotions, category management, marketing, storefront experience, and others. You will determine the right content to personalize (products, sales, offers, etc.), work across teams to find new and unique placements to optimize, and use a combination of machine learning and business insights to improve the performance of your algorithms. Your work will both help generate demand for new and strategic product categories and services and drive large conversion and profitability gains from our most in-market customers.
This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who are able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. They'll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy for recommendations and personalization at Employer
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Lead, develop, and mentor a growing team of 10-15 product managers (across all levels of seniority) and partner with engineering, analytics, and data science leadership to continually evolve their organizations for growth
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, prioritization, and product delivery including data science, engineering, site merchandising, storefront experience, marketing, pricing and profitability, and category management
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- 10+ years' Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong technical background, preferably in large volume, scalable web services. Experience with Real Time data science model evaluation a plus
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.