Senior Product Manager, Customer Engagement
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Wayfair
We're entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Employer's transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Employer a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Employer's pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
What You'll Do
- Your team alleviates customer anxiety and effort in their post-order experiences with optimized communications, easy ways for them to get the information and help they need, and creating increasingly more personalized experiences.
- You will lead a team of product managers who work cross-functionally with their engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers.
- You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business.
- You will transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities.
- You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver impact at a fast pace. Most importantly, you mentor, coach, and manage a team of high performing, highly engaged, product managers who love their jobs every day.
- Meaningful experience in E-commerce, marketplace, or B2C product management
- Ability to turn data into actionable insights and construction experiments to maximize time to value
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong customer-centric focus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics, especially web engagement and funnel metrics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Strong ability to communicate succintly
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.