Multi Family Designer
Posted on May 9, 2019 by CMP.jobs
* Minimum high school graduate. Preferred bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent.
* Minimum 5 years of general experience as a truss designer.
* Minimum 3 years of Multi-Family truss design experience required.
* Working knowledge and Experience using MiTek software is required.
* Working knowledge of floor and roof systems and the ability to spec out hangers.
* Preferred experience and knowledge on UFP's organization, culture, and product lines.
Skills and abilities:
* Proficiency using MiTek Sapphire Suite is required and MiTek SE experience is preferred.
* Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking.
* Ability to read and understand architectural, structural, and mechanical blueprints.
* Ability to use a computer terminal as well as proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others, including customers, peers, and management daily.
* Ability to manage several projects at once, organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and prepare final truss plans.
* Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, be mobile in the work environment, and work hours mandated by management.
* Self-managing; works well under little supervision.
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
* Good interpersonal skills and good communicator.
* Be a team player and support the Company's goals.
* Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
* Ability to pass a drug test.
Working environment is generally favorable. Sitting at a desk for long periods of time is required.
* Do take-offs and estimate projects using different tools and putting together bid packages/proposals.
* Design roof and floor truss systems for commercial and multi-family projects meeting project specifications and customer needs.
* Communicate with architects, engineers, contractors, salespersons, GMO's, etc. as required.
* Prepare various reports as required.
* Perform other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled