MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - MT GILEAD, NC
Posted on May 9, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Employer Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Employer Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
7:00 AM - 3:30 PMResponsibilities
Perform maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus Two years of technical college in industrial mechanics preferred.
- Minimum of three years work experience in a related industrial field.
- Must be self motivated, dependable and have a basic knowledge of all aspects of mechanical maintenance.
Employer Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Employer's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Employer, Employer Home, Pergo, Quick-Step. During the past decade, Employer has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.