Cosmetics Selling Manager
Posted on May 9, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Employer is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, Employer is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium's only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. Employer has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the Employer Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, Employer has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-Employer Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, Employer is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
Saks Fifth Avenue is opening a new store in September 2019! This will be the only Saks Fifth Avenue in New Jersey. Our new store will be located in the heart of the American Dream Mall. We are searching for talent now to join the team starting in August. Apply today!
What This Position Is All About:Under direction from the General Manager, the Cosmetics Selling Manager is responsible for building sales volume, establishing and maintaining customer relationships, creating effective teamwork among associates, and developing sales associate talent through consistent coaching opportunities. The Cosmetics Selling Manager is responsible for maximizing department and vendor sales volume in accordance with all store and company goals, policies, procedures, and techniques.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of retail experience, in a customer focused luxury environment.
- Possess an established clientele while also demonstrating the ability to acquire new clients.
- Ability to strategize your own business and be self -motivated; taking initiative to increase individual productivity thru interselling and strong client relationship.
- Previously demonstrated successful sales experience, exceeding quota.
- Create a professional selling environment by communicating and exemplifying Saks Fifth Avenue standards of excellence
- Provide leadership and customized coaching to Beauty Specialists, resulting in an increase in sales, service, and profitability
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service within the Cosmetics department by recruiting, selecting, training, and developing quality professional Beauty Specialists
- Proactively generate ideas to develop business opportunities and maximize sales to achieve or exceed all financial goals (Sales, Earnings, Shortage, Vendor Performance etc) established for the department
- Deliver ongoing education, assessment and performance feedback to Beauty Specialists with regard to sales, credit, merchandise, events, policies and procedures
- Manage the resolution of customer service related issues with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience
- Maintain relationships between Saks Fifth Avenue and all cosmetics vendor representatives
- Communicate stock levels and needs to the Buying Office and track vendor performance daily
- Schedule all department and product trainings to maximize exposure of new receipts to Beauty Specialists
- Utilize automated scheduling system to maximize staffing decisions for the department
- Oversee product launches, evaluate beauty event performance, and adjust product presentation and visuals to meet sales objectives
- Other store initiatives as assigned by management
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible Full time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Employer. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Employer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employer welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.