New! Food and Beverage Porter Needed!
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
Assist the commissary manager in delivering products orders to the concession stands. To help the stand manager maintain adequate inventory levels and perform assigned tasks to help maintain operational standards of the concession stand, buffet and restaurant, in accordance with company s policies and procedures.
- Follows manager s assignments
- Properly handles product, equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines
- Delivers stock to all concession stands, portables and commissaries
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks
- Properly cleans commissaries, concession stands and portables as assigned.
- Support, encourage and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Company Policies and Work Rules, as well as federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and co-workers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others points of view, recognize and appreciate differences
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing request and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Understand how to lift and move supplies safely and know when to ask for assistance
- Be at work consistently and on time
- High School Diploma/ GED/TASC preferred
- Ability to be licensed under New York State Gaming Commission
- Guest Service experience preferred
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movement, pivoting and twisting, pushing and pulling. Manual dexterity sufficient to pick up, product: move to new location
- Exposure to variable temperatures, odors, noise, steam, chemicals, refuse and soiled utensils
- Frequent walking, bending, lifting, reaching, and stretching
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to communicate with guests and associates
- Exposure to variable temperatures,
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: backend, bakery manager, deli manager, general manager, gm, grocery store manager, restaurant general manager, restaurant operations, shift manager, store manager