Guest Relations Agent
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Excitement awaits our guests at Mardi Gras Casino & Resort! We welcome our guests with service that s unforgettable. Whether dining in our French Quarter or The First Turn. Taking in a getaway in one of our 150 rooms or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Mardi Gras Casino & Resort is conveniently located to serve thousands of people year round! Our Casino is open 24 hours a day, 7 days week, 365 days a year!
We are looking for a Full Time Reservation Agent to join our exciting work environment at Mardi Gras Casino! The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and reservation requests by explaining product and service options in order to sell rooms. Gathers needed information from customer in order to confirm reservation.
- Upsells rooms in order to increase occupancy and maximize revenues. Promotes the hotel and its services in order to capture customers and increase revenues.
- Operates reservations system by entering and accessing data in order to provide callers with accurate hotel information. Duties will include manual and computerized skills.
- Compiles, sorts and stores reservation cards in order to maintain accurate and organized files for easy access and research.
- Enters all special room requests into computer or manual system and alerts front desk staff of special requests in order to ensure department follow-through and guest's satisfaction.
- Keeps up-to-date on all local and hotel functions and services in order to efficiently respond to telephone inquiries.
- Inputs group and tour reservations as they are received from the sales department in order to best utilize hotel facility and maximize revenues.
- Operates telephone switchboard stations in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns.
- Assist guest with accessing the Internet.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Contact appropriate individual or depart as necessary to resolve guest call, request or problem. Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guest with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.