Islandia - Bistro Server - FT
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity Responsibilities and duties
- Service guests by taking drink and food orders, delivering food and beverage items to guest s tables and pre-bussing tables in a timely fashion
- Use suggestive selling; always serve bar beverages responsibly, and within legal guidelines
- Keep guests dining tables well maintained at all times; check back, refills, pre-bus etc.
- Perform all side work duties, which may include opening, on-going, and closing duties
- Assists and works in concierge lounge or other F &B outlets as needed.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete all duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner
- Communicate with supervisor and team members regarding shift activities, problems, and product concerns
- Remain updated on current gaming facility and department promotions
- Maintain sanitation, safety, security, and personnel policy standards at all times
- Follow security and surveillance protocol when necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must be able to follow instructions and procedures
- Must be able to respond in a positive manner to supervisory directions/guidance and be able to accept constructive criticisms in order to grow and learn new, updated information
- Must be a team player. Participate in crossed training for other positions in front/ back of the house as directed by supervisor or management
- Required to attend on-going training sessions and staff meetings
- Know liquor laws service to anyone under age 21 or to anyone who is actually or apparently intoxicated is prohibited
- Must role model company guest service program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cash Handling experience
- New York State TIPS Certified is a plus
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds occasionally.
- Good guest service and verbal skills.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: anfitri?nas, anfitri?n, banquet server, dining room captain, maitre d, restaurant server, servidor, tasting, wait staff, wine steward