Cook 3 - MISE EN PLACE (Tampa Airport)
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
Mise en Place is Tampa s premier restaurant for Modern American cuisine, an exciting and dynamic fare whose flavors reflect the Chef s insatiable love of food as well as our region and our global community on the West Coast of Florida.
Mise en Place was named #1 restaurant in Bay Area by USA Today.
Mise en Place will be opening Cafe by Mise en Place at Tampa International Airport, offering multiple opportunities for Servers, Bartenders, Cooks, Hosts, Food Preparers, and Utility Workers.
Mise en Place will be managed by Delaware North at Tampa International Aiport. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background.
Mise en Place/ Delaware North consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Mise En Place/Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer. .
Job Title: Cook 3
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
- Performs other duties assigned
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipmen
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: appetizer, baker, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinero de produccion, diner, dinner, food preparation, line cook, persona de parilla, salad