Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity Seeking an experienced bar cook who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate is a dedicated team member with a passion for excellence and for maintaining a clean, safe work environment. This position requires a hard working individual who will move successfully and safely from task to task including prep work, cooking, receiving product, dishwashing, plating food, and cleaning the kitchen. The cook position is an integral part of running a successful, positive kitchen focusing on guest satisfaction. The ideal canidate will have experience cooking \"bar food\" and working with tavern/bar staff to ensure guests leave beyond satisfied with their food and expeirence. *Resume is required.
- Act as a leader in the kitchen by directing back of house associates on the line.
- Assist with ordering and inventory as needed.
- Receive orders and stock as needed.
- Complete all prep work required for daily operations and special events/banquets.
- Check BEO s daily.
- Discuss daily with Chef any special instructions and forecast specials.
- Capable of working all stations on the line and the pantry including saut , grill, fryer, and cold/salad station.
- Expedite as needed.
- Assist with plating meals for banquets as needed.
- Prepare all food as ordered and according to recipe guidelines and specs.
- Label, date and wrap unused product prior to putting away.
- Complete temperature logs as directed.
- Practices portion control to contribute to the overall desired food cost.
- Clean station at end of shift.
- Clean coolers to ensure high quality product rotation.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures included in the food safety standards.
- May wash dishes as needed.
- Assists in all other areas of the kitchen as directed by management.
- Reports substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor.
- Reports accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment (when necessary).
- Exemplifies the 10 Universal Service Standards and provides excellent guest service as detailed in the GuestPath Service Standards.
- Supports GreenPath program and all associated initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus.
- 0- 3 years previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred.
- Learn food recipes and preparation instructions.
- Handle and operate kitchen equipment.
- Understand and read MAITRE D tickets.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Must be able to speak and read English.
- Lift 50-75 lbs. frequently.
- Work in temperatures of 80 F 100 F frequently.
- Move fingers, hands, arms easily to produce food quickly.
- Frequent twisting, bending, reaching.
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts from broken glass and metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: baker, banquet, breakfast, cocinera, commercial kitchen, line cook, restaurant cook, salad, sandwich, station