Jake's 58 PT Host/ Cashier - Barista
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, regular tea, regular drip coffee, espresso, espresso lungo, caf latte and cappuccino.
Various Shifts Available: 3 Full Time
- Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of the amounts owed
- Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests
- Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
- Assists with cleaning kitchen areas and restaurant as needed
- Resets tables after guest s leave
- Assists as needed with general cleaning, removing and emptying garbage, bussing tables, and re-stocking supplies and food product
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers orders according to the company guidelines.
- Answers customers questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; Stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies.
- Must role model company guest service program
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in guest service environment preferred
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners
- Frequent walking, bending, lifting, reaching, and stretching
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to read seating chart and communicate with guests
- Able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds occasionally.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shift work may be required.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: beverage, cashier front end, food runner, greeter, greeter seater cashier, host, hostess, prep cook, seater, valet