Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - SVMG Clinical Lab - Part-Time, Rotating - Indianapolis-8333 Naab Rd - Indianapolis, IN
This position will be rotating shifts of 6:30-3p, 7-3:30pm, 8:30-5pm during week Mon-Thursday and Friday shift will be 1:30-10 or 2:30-11pm. This will also require a rotation of once every 4th or 5th week on call for weekend with minimum one call back.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
As a Medical Lab Technician (MLT) with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Technician obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)