Posted on May 8, 2019 by SmartList
The new shop has a large butchery, Deli and commercial Kitchen producing a range of homemade pies and other items.
The role will involve running the Deli and hot food counter with oversight of the whole shop.
Main responsibilities include:
- Daily production and planning with the kitchen
- Supporting the kitchen with menu generation
- Undertaking all deli and shop ordering whilst always considering seasonality
- Avoiding overstocking/shortages and wastage
- Working with the kitchen to use up deli and butcher items that would otherwise go to waste
- Checking in deliveries and requesting refunds for discrepancies or quality issues.
- Analysing till reports, identifying poor sellers, replacing with alternatives and maximising shelf space revenue
- Adhering to all Quality control procedures and HACCP Requirements at all times
- Maintaining the company's standards for merchandising, presentation of stock and rotation
- Ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene at all times
The company are keen to speak to individuals who are passionate foodies with a background in retail . You must have excellent customer service and staff management skills with previous experience working with costings and profit margins.
This is a full-time position, working 44.5 hours per week including Saturdays. The start date will be the beginning of August, with the shop due to open in September.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Buckingham, Buckinghamshire
JOB TITLE: Deli Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS: £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full-time, 44.5hrs per week (includes Saturdays)