Director of Nursing (DON)-SNF
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Gardner Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
Gardner Rehab and Nursing, a 5 Star JCAHO accredited Facility, is currently looking for an experienced Director of Nursing (SNF) to oversee all nursing operations of the facility in accordance with the current, Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern (SNF) to assure that the highest quality of care can be provided to our residents.
Our ideal DON is required to be a compassionate, hard-working Registered Nurse who has continuously developed their managerial, administrative, and team building skills. A successful candidate must be efficient, dedicated, a good listener, and a problem-solver.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct, oversee, and evaluate all nursing staff (Registered Nurses, LPN, CNAs, etc.)
• Responsible for the delivery of nursing services to include planning, applying, and evaluating the care plan of each patient to improve their quality of life and the quality of care with the incorporation of resident rights
• Ensure that there is an adequate number of staff members to maintain the highest level of physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being for each resident that meets the state and federal regulations.
• Work closely with other departments and professionals to streamline operations • Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
• Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
• Reports to Administrator
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration preferred • Valid RN License and CPR Certification
• 2+ years of proven experience as Director of Nursing in a Skilled Nursing Facility
• Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
• Great communication and people skills
• Outstanding organizational and stress management skills