Clinical Nurse Specialist RN - Nursing Administration
Posted on May 8, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Nursing Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus- BU 34014 - Southfield,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide advanced care, consultation, research, management and education in a specific clinical area.
- Provides advanced direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Serves as an expert consultant for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and professional development. Contributes to defining, directing and evaluating the nursing care and functions of clinical staff.
- Manages clinical research projects in support of evidence-based practice and disseminates findings.
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational plans/programs and utilizes methods, measurements and tools to evaluate achievement of learning goals.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Board certification in a specialty area within 2 years of hire required.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Master's Level Degree
- Master's Degree with concentration in a specific area of advance nursing practice required
- Two years of clinical nurse experience with knowledge in assigned specialty.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)