Radiology Support Aide
Posted on May 7, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Radiology Support Aide - Imaging Support Services 001 - PRN, Rotating - St Vincent's Medical Center - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent's is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As a Radiology Support Aide with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to provide clerical and technical support for the Imaging Department.
- Performs post procedural duties including patient discharge, room clean up and restocking supplies. Assists with inventory control.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists with preparing patient for radiology exam and with procedure performance.
- Files, delivers, and retrieves patient reports, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Provides clerical support as necessary.
- Assist Technologist in assuring timely patient throughput.
- Maintains cleanliness of work environment including equipment.
- Utilizes RIS to look up information, make orders and charge for procedures under the supervision of the technologist.
- Able to perform on all age groups, from infant to adult geriatric.
- Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology order placed prior to performing exam.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High School Diploma OR Equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)