Posted on May 3, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity Position Summary
Serves food and beverage products in accordance with the Company s alcohol policies, Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. Exemplifies the Service Standards and provides excellent guest service.
- Greets and welcomes guests with a smile and positive attitude, suggesting specials and menu items
- Take food and beverage orders and promptly deliver the correct order, ensuring top quality product is being served.
- Take ownership of the dining experience for all tables in your section, solving problems that may occur and using suggestive selling techniques.
- Assist other servers and bussers as necessary to provide excellent guest service to all patrons of the restaurant.
- Server must have complete knowledge of all menus and service standards, including wine, beer, liquor, and cordials
- Complete knowledge of Maitre D system, guest check procedures, collection of monies for full payment of checks, credit card operations
- Responsible for all opening and closing side-works and server paperwork and tip declarations according to IRS standards.
- Provide a safe work environment by following safety and security procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-3 months previous experience in food & beverage service, or related guest service environment, required
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently and 40+ pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: anfitri?nas, anfitri?nes, camarera, camarero, dining room attendant, dining room captain, food and beverage server, hostess, wait staff, waiter