Posted on May 3, 2019 by Delaware North
The Peaks of Otter are three exceptional mountain peaks situated close together in the Blue Ridge Mountains overlooking the town of Bedford, Virginia. They include Sharp Top, with an altitude of 3,875 feet (1,181 m); Flat Top, with an altitude of 4,004 feet (1,220 m); and Harkening Hill, with an altitude of 3,375 feet (1,029 m). Abbott Lake lies at their feet. The National Park Service preserves the peaks and lake as part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Jefferson National Forest.
Several trails offer hikers the opportunity to explore the peaks and surrounding countryside on foot. The least challenging is a one-mile loop around picturesque Abbott Lake. More demanding is the one and one-half mile course to the summit of Sharp Top. Make the climb and be rewarded with a 360 -view of the peak and its surroundings.
In the mid-1900s, the location was selected for special attention as the National Park Service developed recreation and service areas along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Abbott Lake was constructed and Peaks of Otter Lodge opened in 1964. Today, the property includes 63 rooms all with views of scenic Abbott Lake and majestic Sharp Top Mountain. While some things have changed over the years, the appeal of the region s Blue Ridge Mountains is still as timeless and captivating as ever.
Position Details Offering a $25 gas card per week if the drive from your home address is 20 or more miles from the Peaks of Otter Lodge!
Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
- Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to cashier
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of functions
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers.
- Variable temperatures required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: anfitri?na, auxiliar de comedor, camarera, camarero, dining room attendant, food and beverage server, server camarero, tasting, wait staff, wine steward