Commentator/Tour Escort - Part Time
Posted on May 3, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity Perform duties associated with tour operations for Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. Operate and drive tour buses in a safe and professional manner. Provide commentary and instruction relating to past and current events associated with the NASA Space Program. To tell the NASA story and inspire all people to support the exploration of space.
- Perform safety inspection checks on assigned vehicle. Ensure proper fuel levels, visibility, and proper operation of required systems and safety equipment.
- Assist guest in boarding and seating as required.
- Drive bus along designated routes. Provide NASA approved verbal commentary regarding current events and conditions of locations on the tour routes.
- Operate audio/video equipment to play synchronized recorded presentations. Be prepared to present verbal presentation in the event of audio/video failure.
- Assist in moving wheelchairs to and from designated locations and assist wheelchair users as required.
- Provide for and maintain a safe and secure environment for guest s at Tour Destinations and throughout the tour at all times.
- Respond to guest inquiries providing accurate, courteous, and intelligible information.
- Comply with all applicable safety rules and regulations. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Attend all company training pertaining to Customer Satisfaction and Safety Awareness.
- Requires climbing into and within coaches, the physical equivalent of lifting or manipulating one to five pounds over 70% of the day and the ability to climb stairs, push wheelchairs, and manually operate device controls requiring some dexterity. Requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret written instructions and schedules.
- Requires work outdoors and on busses with the presence of fumes, dust and noise.
- Possess the ability to operate large motor coaches and the use of public address systems and electronic audio and visual systems.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Must have minimum two (2) years driving experience, driving 26,000 pound vehicle or greater.
LICENSES: Must have current and valid CDL with Passenger endorsement.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: aerial, bike, capitol, discovery, docent, monorail, museum, tour, tour guide, trek