Holiday Inn Express - Hotel General Manager
Posted on May 2, 2019 by Loves Travel Stops & Country Store
Req ID: 120449
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Hotel General Manager is to oversee the management of the entire hotel staff in order to meet financial goals and uphold customer satisfaction. The Hotel General Manager ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in order to uphold company standards.
- Responsible for overseeing the retention and acquisition of accounts by growing existing accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts.
- Executes all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals. This includes making outside sales calls and cold calls while maintaining relationships with current accounts.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key Clients. Creates and solicits new business through innovative means.
- Leads the management of the hotel staff in such a way to increase hotel profitability and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, training, work direction, and performance management of all employees. Also tasked with creating a motivating work environment to allow for development of employees.
- Contributes to the successful development of the Hotel Staff.
- Oversees the activities of all staff members in order to ensure adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Review all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands.
- Conducts all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings.
- Oversees annual salary review and ensures that all employee wages follow federal, state, and local wage and hour guidelines.
- Reviews and maintains accurate records of hotel's funds and information including, but not limited to, the cash flow sheet, accounts receivable and payable, credit card reconciliations, and registration information.
- Reviews and validates vendor invoices.
- Prepares annual budgets and weekly forecasts updates.
- Develops a long‐term business plan that will increase the hotel's profitability and customer satisfaction with the property, services offered, and staff.
- Oversees advertising and marketing campaigns for the hotel.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel's services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
- Fills in vacant shifts as needed.
- Additional tasks and all other duties as assigned by Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or related field or equivalent years of work experience required
- 5+ years of management or supervisory experience required
- Accounting or financial budgeting experience required
- Previous experience as a hotel general manager or assistant general manager preferred
DRUG/BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love's.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Clean Places, Friendly Faces. It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our 'Country Stores' are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger ' Travel Stops' are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.