Registered Nurse II (RN) Labor and Delivery $10,000 Sign on Bonus - Ho
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Houston Methodist
Work Shift: NIGHT, 7pm-7am
Work Week: Days vary between Monday - Friday, includes rotating weekends
Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit seeking Registered Nurse (RN) skilled in quality care of Labor and Delivery patients to work night shift at Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) II position is a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner's model of clinical practice.
- Provides professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
- Provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently which may include patients with varied and complex needs.
- Communicates and collaborates with the physicians and interprofessional health care team to facilitate, coordinate and maintain compassionate, efficient, quality care and achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Demonstrates clinical competence when providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies, acting as a patient and family advocate in order to monitor and maintain patient rights.
- Assumes leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital-wide initiatives in partnership with management.
- Labor and Delivery experience highly preferred
- Eighteen months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS.
- NRP within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)-recognized certification in applicable specialty area preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Strong assessment, organizational and problem solving skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components
- Ability to function independently and exercise judgment in interactions with physicians, interprofessional care team and patients and their families
- Uses critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Nurse Practice Act
- Demonstrates proficient time management skills
- Maintains level of professional contributions as defined in Clinical Career Path program guide
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a "Best Hospital" in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.