Registered Nurse - Cardiology Clinic
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Triage - WI Card Milwaukee - Full-Time, Day - Wisconsin Cardiology - Milwaukee,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to provide patients with nursing support by telephone.
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., no weekends, no holidays.
- Prepares documentation information and transmits medical information. Provides non-judgmental triage and/or advice using the nursing process, specific protocols and established resources.
- Directs callers to appropriate level of care and provides healthcare advice/education using assessment skills, approved guidelines, and knowledge of self-care practices.
- Selects and delivers appropriate follow-up materials.
- Provides professional, safe and effective care-related advice to patients.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement