RN - MICU/Medical Intensive Care Unit - FT Days
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-ICU - Intensive Care Unit 001 - Full-Time, Day - St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, part of Ascension, is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based healthcare system in Tennessee.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in Medical ICU at Saint Thomas West, you will provide direct nursing care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, compassionate, and looking for new challenges in a supportive environment.
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care plans.
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical developments.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of the healthcare team.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future treatment.
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
If you are looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- Minimum of (6) months of acute care, or hospital floor experience preferred.
Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)