Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola,FL
Why Join Ascension?
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Florida's leading health care provider - Sacred Heart Health System.
Northwest Florida is a growing, family-oriented community, offering a mild climate, year-round recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar-white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
Sacred Heart Health System includes hospital campuses in Pensacola, Miramar Beach and Port St. Joe, Florida, as well as The Studer Family Children's Hospital at Sacred Heart - Northwest Florida's only children's hospital - and Sacred Heart Medical Group, the largest network of primary care and specialty physicians in Northwest Florida. In affiliation with the University of Florida, Sacred Heart offers the region's only kidney transplant program, as well as physician residency programs to train the next generation of doctors in internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace
We have one of the best labs when it comes to technology and automation! We have a centralized lab, other hopsitals send us work, and we also have a research lab where we are able to do research and clinical trials.
Our team is very diverse when it comes to background and experience levels. We are very focused on doing whats right for the patient and are very targeted towards quality!
To learn more about Sacred Heart Health System, visit .
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and students.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Clinical Laboratory Technician credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)