Medical Lab Technician - General Lab
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Medical Lab Technician 3's - General Lab at Ascension Providence Park Novi, MI !
Full time Evening / 40hrs weekly / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Additional Job Details: Full -Time nights - 1030pm to 7am with rotating weekends and holidays. (additional 8% shift differential)
As a Medical Lab Technician, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you!
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an ssociate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Perform common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform quality control testing.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Demonstrate laboratory technical skills to other laboratory personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Recognize specimen, testing, instrumentation, results or other laboratory related problems. Take necessary action or refers to appropriate supervision.
- Perform appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Medical Technologist by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) required at time of hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including courses in biological science and chemistry required, and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program required
- One year of clinical laboratory experience as an ASCP certified technican preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements for certification as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)