Electrician Apprentice (currently enrolled)
Posted on May 1, 2019 by Corbins Electric
At Corbins Electric, we believe people are first! Our teammates, our partners, and our customers can expect that we genuinely care to serve them and look out for their best interests. Our culture is built on the cornerstone of our Core Values - Build Trust, Champion Innovation, Promote Development, and Operate with Excellence! They set our expectation of each and every employee and are integrated in everything we do. As one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southwest and an industry leader in virtual construction, fabrication, electrical construction, and electrical service, we continually look for people who share in our Core Values.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Apprentice to assist in all aspects of electrical construction. You will be mentored and developed to grow your career to new levels. Apprentices at Corbins have grown their careers into several areas of our organization.
Overtime Available Indefinitely!
Apprentices are our future, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and develop a career in the electrical industry.
Career Path - Apprentice > Journeyman Electrician > Foreman > Superintendent or explore areas of Project Management, Estimating, and other Project Support RolesResponsibilities
- Assist electricians by performing tasks under their direct supervision
- Execute a variety of electrical tasks by referencing maps, instructional manuals, specifications, field sketches, and blueprints
- Remain up to date on Code requirements, hardware options, and industry best practices
- Perform the basic tasks of material handling, jobsite housekeeping, and general labor
- Ensure cleanliness of job-site to comply with safe workplace regulations
- Complete daily inspections and maintain record keeping
- Assist with general site preparation and clean up
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- General knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Dependable with quick response to management direction
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of electrical construction experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies including drug test and background check will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.