Posted on Apr 28, 2019 by Everest RE Group
Job Description:Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. currently has an opportunity, due to growth, for an Underwriting Assistant to work in our Inland Marine Division. Based in either our Boston or Chicago office, this individual will support the underwriting function through customer service and rating and processing of underwriting files.
• Process and review new and renewal business, endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements for Agents.
• Conduct agency audits; review new and renewal business in accordance with established underwriting guidelines.
• Perform underwriting file analysis.
• Initiate renewal underwriting process.
• Issue binders, including subjectivities and related activities.
• Order and review inspections and process audits.
• Triage new submissions upon receipt according to underwriting criteria.
• Operate within assigned level of authority.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college course work or degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience working as an Underwriting Assistant.
• General knowledge of commercial insurance required. Inland Marine industry knowledge preferred.
• Analytical ability.
• Strong oral/written communication skills.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with Agent/Broker workforce.
• Must display a professional demeanor.
• Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package; which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.